One of the things I am asked most often is “which data feeds work with the Acme suite?” It’s both a tough and an easy one to answer. Really, any feed supported by Ninjatrader that has price and volume data will do. That’s the easy answer.
However, they are not all created equal. Without addressing detailed questions about reliability – I have only anecdotal experience with many of the feeds listed below – let me list the feeds I now know Rancho Dinero/Acme members to be using, in no particluar order:
- IQFeed: Works well, extremely fast and accurate. Massive number of calculated market internals symbols. This is important if you’d like to use the Acme Market Internals pack. Months of historical tick data, years historical of minute data available.
- Kinetick: Widely rumored to be IQFeed’s data only under the NinjaTrader brand. Essentially the same characteristics and features as IQFeed.
- Zen-Fire/Rithmic: Very popular feed, only available (I think) with an associated brokerage account. Consistently fast and accurate, only they do not offer any market internals symbols and only the current day’s historical tick data. So you’d probably need an additional end-of-day service for historical data, such as DTNMA or Kinetick’s.
- CQG: Also very popular, fast and accurate. I don’t believe they offer market internals in they base packages, but they are available. Many members have reported adding them on. Not sure about how much historical tick and minute data are available. Perhaps someone will chime in with this info in below.
- Interactive Brokers: While the IB feed is super-fast, its volume data is sampled and compressed and thus not appropriate for volume analysis as it will produce inaccurate results. Even though the price is right… the data is, er, not. At least not for Acme’s purposes.
As time goes on I expect to add to this list. And if I missed one, or if I’ve missed some important aspect above, please let me know. And certainly, if you have personal experience with any of these feeds and have something to say, especially regarding quality and reliability, feel free to leave a comment.